Deutsche Gesellschaft für Psychologie, DGPs –German Psychological Society
The 8th Conference of the Media Psychology Division (German Psychological Society)
September 4th 'til 6th, 2013, Julius-Maximilians University Würzburg, Germany
"Media Research: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow"
The 8th Conference of the Media Psychology Division (German Psychological Society) took place on September 4th to 6th, 2013 at the Julius-Maximilians University Wuerzburg, Germany, chaired by Prof. Dr. Frank Schwab. It was organized by the division as well as the local department of media psychology and the Institute for Human Computer and Media.
The theme of the conference was "Media Research: Yesterday, today, and tomorrow“. By suggesting such a broad theme, we aimed at inviting researchers with a variety of interests in theory and research in diverse areas of media research to foster exchange with other subfields in psychology and with neighbouring disciplines. By providing only a general motto we emphasized that contributions from all areas of media psychology were welcome.
- Workshop for PhD students: The conference was preceded by a Workshop for PhD students of Media Psychology, organised by Prof. Dr. Nicole Krämer. The workshop took place at Julius-Maximilians University on the starting day of the conference (September 4rd).
The conference was held in English. Not only German media psychologists but also European and other international colleagues were invited to contribute. If a session was exclusively visited by a German speaking audience, the presenter was free to skip to German.
Types of contributions:
- position and review papers (extended abstract of 1000 words each)
- research papers (300 word abstract including results)
- posters (300 word abstract)
- panel session proprosals (300 word rationale for the panel proposal and 150 word abstract from each planned presenter)
Each author was able to submit and present only one contribution as first author; additional contributions as co-author were welcome though.
Julius-Maximilians University Wuerzburg, Germany