Your “remote trip” to Würzburg will start with a surprise! Upon acceptance, we will send you a package with course materials and little surprises to get you in the mood for our course.
In order to facilitate a relaxed and enjoyable “remote trip”, course times will not exceed 2 to 4 hours per day, with ample time for intercultural exchange, discussions, student teamwork, and practice. After you have virtually arrived in Würzburg, we would like to take you on a tour through Würzburg. At various characteristic places, we will together explore needs of virtual visitors, develop concepts and prototypes on the basis of the gained insights and finally evaluate them. Each place deals with a specific aspect of the user centered design process, combing knowledge transfer and remote tourism experience of Würzburg in action.
By participating in our remote summer course, you will
- Gain knowledge and practice in methods of user-centered design (user research, ideation, prototyping, evaluation)
- Complete a hands-on project for your portfolio
- Conceptualise novel remote tourism experiences
- Receive a certificate of study from the University of Würzburg
- Connect with German and other international students
- Have a remote tourism experience of Würzburg
Your tour guides and instructors:
- Prof. Dr. Jörn Hurtienne (Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg)
- Dr. Daniel Reinhardt (Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg)
- Sara Wolf (Julius-Maximilians-Universität Würzburg)
In line with the European Credit Transfer and Accumulation System (ECTS), all successful participants of the summer course on Remote Tourism will receive a detailed Certificate of Attendance and a certificate of 5 ECTS points.